From Krakiipedia, the unofficial free GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Welcome to Krakiipedia
| Krakiipedia contains 4,001 articles and is growing every day!|
Interested in being an editor and contributing?
The GemStone Universe
The Unarmed Combat System encompasses a unique combat style which features four types of attacks: Jab, Punch, Kick and Grapple. This system replaces Voln fu (Kick, Punch and Throw) as the primary unarmed attack method used against Undead creatures. Unarmed combat attacks are not, however, limited to the undead. They can be used against all creatures and characters.
Effectiveness with unarmed combat depends significantly upon a character's brawling skill. Although similar to AS/DS in its functionality, unarmed combat replaces melee and ranged weapons with the hands and feet, and AS/DS mechanics with Unarmed Attack Factor (UAF) / Unarmed Defense Factor (UDF).
Please, improve these articles in any way you can, and help make Krakiipedia that much better!
Have an article you think needs work? Nominate it to be the next Growing Pains article!
Here's what's happening in the world of Krakiipedia:
- Krakiipedia now has a feed for the GemStoneIV twitter account on the Main Page! It appears beneath the news section, where you are likely reading this message! The last ten (10) tweets from @GemStoneIV will be displayed here for your convenience.
- Looking for Player Shops? Head over to http://shops.krakiipedia.org/ for all your shopping needs!
- Krakiipedia may experience some downtime in the next few days as some server-side work is carried out. Content should be safe, even if there are outages, so I don't discourage anyone from submitting new articles or editing existing articles. I just wanted to leave a note as to why we are down, if we are. I'll post another new item when everything is sorted. I'm hoping that KP's performance improves a bit after this, as it can be a bit slow at times. Also, I'll be looking at upgrading to the latest version of MediaWiki once this maintenance is completed. That should be a largely transparent move, though.
- Krakiipedia has been updated to MediaWiki version 1.11.1.
- Krakiipedia is now host to a quote database in the style of http://www.bash.org/, which can be found by navigating to http://quotes.krakiipedia.org/! Feel free to add quotes to the database about anything GemStone related, be it clips from in-game, chats or what have you!
From the GemStoneIV twitter feed:
Looking for something?
If you'd like to take a look at what's around, the category list might be a good place to start.
If you are looking for a piece of information and it's not here, feel free to request it on the requests page.
Krakiipedia In Your Firefox Search Bar
GameMaster Mestys has cobbled together an official Firefox search bar plugin for Krakiipedia, just click here to add it! This feature should work with Firefox version 1.5 and newer.
Spread the word!
Please spread the word of Krakiipedia to all your GemStone-playing friends! Anyone who might be interested in becoming an editor, or even just someone who is in need of information. Get the word out and we can make this the best repository of information regarding GemStone IV on the 'net!