From Krakiipedia, the unofficial free GemStone IV encyclopedia.
An adventurer can gain backroom access to various stores throughout Elanthia. Once you become a preferred customer, you will be given the backroom catalog when you ORDER from the merchant as well as a 10% discount at that merchant.
How To Gain Backroom Access
To gain access, you must purchase approximately fifty (50) items from the store; however, for the less-welcome races in particular towns, this may be one hundred (100) items. This can be done rapidly by purchasing the cheapest item offered by the merchant and placing it in a nearby barrel, for the experience.
Stores With Backroom Access
- Alchemy Shop (Alchemist's House)
- Armory (Aznell's Armory)
- Bowyer (Quaeta's Fletcher Shop)
- Cleric's Shop (Wehnimer's Landing Clerics' Shop)
- General Store (Wehnimer's Landing General Store)
- Weapons Shop (Tykel's Arms)
- Bowyer (Big Snorri's Bows)